[vtk-developers] Building for X-Windows

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Aug 30 18:53:47 EDT 2001

build went okay as long as VTK_USE_Quartz is OFF.....still see the cmake errors
though.....john
---------------------- Forwarded by John Anast-JM/PGI on 08/30/2001 06:51 PM
---------------------------
From: John Anast-JM on 08/30/2001 06:45 PM

        John Anast-JM           To:   vtk-developers at public.kitware.com
  NA Paper Analytical           Cc:
             Sciences   Subject:      RE: [vtk-developers] Building for
 Advanced Imaging Lab        X-Windows

  08/30/2001 06:45 PM

oops meant to send to the list not just to Ken......

Looks like the cmake error below forced VTK_USE_QUARTZ to ON ... am building now
with it off (maybe...still get the cmake error)...john
---------------------- Forwarded by John Anast-JM/PGI on 08/30/2001 06:43 PM
---------------------------
From: John Anast-JM on 08/30/2001 06:30 PM

        John Anast-JM           To:   "Ken Martin"
  NA Paper Analytical        <ken.martin at kitware.com>
             Sciences           Cc:
 Advanced Imaging Lab   Subject:      RE: [vtk-developers] Building for
                             X-Windows     (Document link: John Anast-JM)
  08/30/2001 06:30 PM

On WinNT w/Cmake 0.93 and about 5pm VTK update I'm seeing Cmake parse errors for
an ELSE and ENDIF (doesn't say where...not too helpful). If I ignore em and
build I see errors

vtkImagingFactory.cxx
P:\WinCVS\vtk40\VTK\Rendering\vtkImagingFactory.cxx(215) : error C2653: 'vtkQuartzTextMapper' : is not a class or namespace name
P:\WinCVS\vtk40\VTK\Rendering\vtkImagingFactory.cxx(219) : error C2653: 'vtkQuartzImageWindow' : is not a class or namespace name

regards, john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: "Ken Martin" <ken.martin at kitware.com>@public.kitware.com on 08/30/2001
04:55 PM AST

       "Ken Martin" <ken.martin at kitware.com>           To:   "Yves Starreveld" <ystarrev at uwo.ca>,
                         @public.kitware.com        "Vtk-Developers"
                                                    <vtk-developers at public.kitware.com>
                                                       Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                    Sent by:   Subject:      RE: [vtk-developers] Building for
     vtk-developers-admin at public.kitware.com        X-Windows
                         08/30/2001 04:55 PM

I just started getting the following on Linux from an update at 4:50
pm Thursday

In file included from
/home4/martink/simple/VTK/Rendering/vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:98:
/home4/martink/simple/VTK/Rendering/vtkQuartzRenderWindow.h:54:
OpenGL/gl.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [vtkGraphicsFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home4/martink/simple/VTKL/Rendering'
make: *** [build_Rendering] Error 2

any ideas?

Thanks
Ken