[vtk-developers] New tree testing using old Continuous process

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 21 11:27:28 EDT 2001

Folks,
I have created a new repository, vtktest. This repository links to the correct files in the new tree,
VTK, but has the old tree directory structure and build process.

The Continuous Build at:

http://www.visualizationtoolkit.org/vtk/quality/ContinuousResults/solaris/ContinuousResults.html

is reporting the results.

This new tree, vtktest, should only be used for testing while the new tree catches up in test
coverage.

The old tree, vtk, should not be used by developers. It does contain a high quality version of the
system before the split.

I will keep the links current between vtktest and VTK.

I'll also move the nightly testing of vtk to test vtktest instead of vtk (this make take a few days).

If a developer adds a new class, or moves a class in the VTK tree, I would appreciate an e-mail. This
will help me keep things current. However, if this is too much trouble, I can figure out what to do.

Bill