[vtk-developers] Developer guidlines required

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Apr 11 08:05:43 EDT 2001

hi,

Thanks for the reply.

    Will> 4) Which OS and graphics hardware? I'm thinking about 1-2
    Will> hours.

Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (potato), XFree 4.0, nVidia M64 with 32MB Video
RAM.  Its a PIII 450 with 196 MB RAM.

    Will> 5) I use the RTest.tcl script in vtk/examplesTcl for smaller
    Will> changes. It has a facility to run all examples with a
    Will> particular class name. If you change a core API (like
    Will> vtkDataSet or vtkDataArray), I run all the tests.

This might be a problem.  I hope you folks dont mind if I test
something on a build here without the regrn tests and then track it
via the nightly tests?  I will post more details on the changes a
little later.

    Will> 7) It's extra work to version the libraries. No one has
    Will> volunteered ;-) Also, is it really useful?

There are advantages when you install binary packages and want to
avoid problems with programs using different versions of the same
library.

prabhu