[vtk-developers] proposed vtk build changes

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri Sep 29 16:50:08 EDT 2000

I do not understand your point on libCommonTcl.so below.

Are you saying that libCommonTcl.so will contain all the object code from libCommon.so?

I purposely split these .so's last year to reduce the size of our libraries. It used to be that
libCommon.so would hold say vtkDataSet.o and libCommonTcl.so would contain vtkDataSetTcl.o AND
vtkDataSet.o

This made our Tcl libraries much larger than they needed to be (since libCommon.so was already
available).