[vtk-developers] Nightlies causing errors

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 06:10:43 EDT 2000

I'm using the nightly release from the beginning of this week (version
1.614), and I'm getting many many floating point exceptions when
manipulating objects under win32. NT SP5. Curiously, it doesn't happen on
the office machine (32 bit z buffer, fire GL 1), but does happen on home
machine (Fire GL 1000 16 bit z buffer).

The errors are occuring inside kernel32.dll and not inside vtk, so I can't
find what's causing it, but it makes vtk completely unusable on my home pc.
I've been monitoring the continuous build dashboard and scanning logs for
any recent entry that might put opengl into a dodgy state or otherwise
cause this effect and I'm at a loss.

If anyone else is experiencing this or has checked in something dubious,
please let me know.

thanks

JB