[vtk-developers] implementing vtkPolyData::ComputeBounds() ?

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Jul 31 09:54:56 EDT 2000

Hi Sebastien,

I think it is more correct to have the vtkPolyData::ComputeBounds()
implemented than to simply use the bounds of all points. Unless someone
thinks this isn't the case, I would suggest implementing it, test it, then
check it in - and we'll need to keep an eye on the timing for a few days to
make sure it doesn't significantly slow anything down. I don't think it
should since bounds only need to be recomputed when data is changed.

Lisa