[vtk-developers] Dashboard stuff...

Will Schroeder wschroed at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 10:31:45 EDT 2000

Hey Bill-

I'm working on cleaning up the dashboard.

- I checked in some changes to the VRMLImporter to clean up memory leaks,
warnings,
style, and remove global symbols.

- I'm going to go over to RPI this week and attack the picking on Unix systems

- It looks like the images for assembly and assembly2 are indeed correct now.

- There appears a weird problem in vtkAssembly causing sporadic core dumps
when an
instance destructs. For example, I can get assembly.tcl to fail. It seems
to be trying to
ReleaseGraphicsResources more than once?...I don't understand this because
when
assembly destructs all it does is destroy its collections of props, each of
which are in
turn destroyed due to refcount going to zero..I can't see where the problem
is. I'll keep
poking around.

- As you know, I added the ability to draw clean edges. It seems that in
meshEdges the
rendering of points on systems is very different, causing big differences
in the image.
Also, some of your systems must be running OpenGL1.0. In meshEdges2.tcl I
use the
polygon offset technique which is supported in OpenGL1.1 and above.

That's all for now,
Will