[vtk-developers] vtkColorTransferFunction

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Jul 5 16:11:14 EDT 2000

Lisa,

I just saw your message below.  While I am not relying on having 3 piecewise functions in the color
transfer function, I am sorry to see them leave :) (I do rely heavily on the methods BuildTable and
BuildFunctionFromTable, so please do not remove them :)

I have written GUI's that operated on piecewise functions.  With a single line of code, I could have
the GUI operate on a specified channel of the piecewise function. It was nice way to reuse a GUI to
operate on a piecewise function or a color transfer function.  I'll have to look at your changes in
more depth to see how I could do the same thing now.

As an aside, if I had seen this message earlier, I would have pushed to have you create a new
subclass rather than change the current class.  I think its getting pretty late in the VTK game to
remove a portion of the API.

Jim