[vtk-developers] Pending release... (precompiled headers)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Dec 8 11:25:54 EST 2000

At 29/11/2000 09:26, Will Schroeder wrote:

>It's way past time to create another formal release: vtk3.2. We are going
>to cut a branch
>shortly. Please do not check in big changes at this time until the branch
>is cut, it should
>be within the week. (Yes, I know there are lots of little things to add,
>but it's so long since
>the last release, and the dashboard is very stable right now. Any more
>delay at this point
>is to be avoided.)

Speaking of "new release", is there any possibility that, in a near (or may
be *very* near) future we might see the following 6 lines on top of all
*.cxx files (right after the copyright issues, and before the #include) ?

#ifdef USE_PCH
#  ifdef _MSC_VER
#    include "vtkPrecompiledHeaders.h"
#    pragma hdrstop
#  endif
#endif

It would be up to the user to provide a vtkPrecompiledHeaders.h file, and
maybe an additional -I directive to find it in a specific place.  As I said
before, I already wrote a Perl script that build a vtkPrecompiledHeaders.h
file made of #include directives corresponding to the most included headers.