long message - double support, notifications, user feedback

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Apr 25 06:37:45 EDT 2000

Hi John-

A thought on point #1: can't you use MakeObject() ? This method (a
"virtual" constructor creates another object as the same type as the
calling object, like so:

   newPts = (vtkPoints *) inPts->MakeObject();
   newPts->SetNumberOfPoints(outSize);

(this is taken from vtkExtractGrid). Then the output type will be the same
as the input type.

Will