[Ves] Rendering progress in iOS application

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Wed Sep 11 09:42:57 EDT 2013

Timm,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Timm Rothe <timm.rothe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering how i'm able to get the rendering progress in percent (or
> anything to compute percent). Is there any method or value designated to
> this? Several hours of investigating did not bring any result on this.

Some VTK filters provide a callback which can be used to monitor progress.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Utilities/FilterProgress

> If there is nothing designated to this and I've to do it all by foot, so
> how does ves and vtk work together? Can the vtk libraries be built in an
> iOS environment?

The VES build includes a build of VTK for iOS the modules of VTK that are
built is specified in CMake/ves-superbuild.cmake

--
Casey B. Goodlett, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer