[Ves] Building and Debugging with an IDE

Candemir Doger cd.doger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 08:58:20 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I have succesfully compiled VES and run the Kiwi application from Eclipse
by following the instructions here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Developers_Guide_(Windows)

However, I would like to create an IDE setup to rapidly make code changes
in kiwi and ves-android source code and debug these changes (if possible).
Thus, I tried to create Eclipse project files with CMake and I imported it.
However, there were problems during the build process.

I will not mentioned about the problems I encounter during the Eclipse
import but I would like to ask some simple questions:

1- Would it be possible for me to debug the ves-android application from
Eclipse? e.g. running the Android app and putting a breakpoint in
ves-android source code to see when it's called.

2- Can I add the ves-android project(if I can add it to Eclipse) to the
android ndk project (the real android project) as a reference in Eclipse?
So when I make a change in the ves-android code the ndk project gets
compiled again?

Previously I worked with android ndk and created a good Eclipse setup with
autocompletion and auto-build  features but I am not sure if it is possible
with an additional project, in this case ves-android.

I am looking forward for some answers or at least someone can say it's not
possible and I can manually build the ves-code from command console and run
the android application from eclipse.

Thanks.
-Candemir