[Tubetk-developers] Missing QTWEBKIT

Wei Liu weiliu620 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:32:09 EST 2014

Dear TubeTK developers,

I'll start a project on the human lung's imaging, with focus on the airway
and vessel segmentation. I'm trying to build TubeTK with Slicer support.
This link (http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/TubeTK/Slicer) tells me to find a
'plugin' folder in the build directory,  but I didn't find it. So I suppose
I need to set the 'TubeTK_BUILD_SLICER_EXTENSION' to 'on', then set the
'Slicer_DIR' to the '.../Slicer-SuperBuild-Debug/Slicer-build/'. I also set
the 'QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE' to the the same qmake that I use to build Slicer
(QT474, SDK 1.2 that I downloaded from Slicer website).

Then I got the following errors at cmake configuration step:

 CMake Error at
/home/sci/weiliu/packages/Slicer/CMake/SlicerBlockFindQtAndCheckVersion.cmake:43
(message):
   error: Missing Qt module QTWEBKIT
 Call Stack (most recent call first):

 /home/sci/weiliu/packages/Slicer/CMake/SlicerBlockFindQtAndCheckVersion.cmake:72
(__SlicerBlockFindQtAndCheckVersion_find_qt)

 /home/sci/weiliu/projects/Slicer-SuperBuild-Debug/Slicer-build/SlicerConfig.cmake:760
(include)
   CMakeLists.txt:175 (find_package)

I was confused. I can build Slicer successfully with this QT SDK. And if I
turn off the flag of building Slicer extension when building TubeTK, I can
configure and build without any problem.  I appreciate your help on this
issue.

I am also interested in the future plan of the TubeTK development. It seems
there is no document available for each executable file at the bin
directory. When do you think the project will reach to a mature stage and
the document be available? Any tutorial/examples/manuals will be very
helpful.

Thanks,
Wei