[Tubetk-developers] itkImageToTubeRigidRegistration2

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 14:11:44 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Stephen Aylward
<stephen.aylward at kitware.com> wrote:
> Michael extended his vacation by one day.   He should be back in the
> office tomorrow.

OK, great.

> Thanks for looking at this.   My understanding is that the 2 classes
> are the correct ones; however, I really hate the "2" suffix.   If the
> old ones were broken, they should be replaced - instead of using a
> numbering system.
>
> Perhaps beging by looking for the differences in the code and see if
> the "" versions can be replaced by the "2" version (nearly the same
> APIs, etc).

As far as I can tell, the Registration classes are nearly the same
apart from some cleanup.  The Metric class underwent refactoring.  The
best hint as to what is going on appears to be:

 * The improvment implemented here is about
 * the precomputation of the internal kernels proposed by Lange et al.:
 * \link http://www.zib.de/lamecker/publications/cars2007.pdf

Comparing the output of the tests, the registered tube resampled onto
an image, the "2" result does not resemble the input image (as far as
I can tell).

Is there a way to visualize the tube spatial object directly?  It is a
MetaIO ".tre" file containing a Scene, Group, and Tube ObjectType.  I
assume Slicer should recognize it as a "Model", but it seems to think
it is a "Volume".

Thanks,
Matt