[Tomviz] python + tomviz

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Nov 20 11:25:28 EST 2018

Hi Matt,

The scripting in Tomviz, and the pipeline in general, are quite different
to ParaView. We do not have a Python trace functionality at present, and
scripting is generally done in the operators but not for the application at
the present time. You can see many examples of Python for data operations,
and they can all be modified. You can save and restore state, and inspect
the JSON.

I am hoping to add some of the scripting capabilities found in Python for
building pipelines etc, but that infrastructure is not entirely general and
so it requires some work to support the concepts developed for use in
Tomviz pipelines.

Thanks,

Marcus