[Tangelo-users] Announcing Tangelo 0.8

Roni Choudhury roni.choudhury at kitware.com
Fri Dec 12 14:55:43 EST 2014

We are pleased to announce that Tangelo 0.8 has been released and can be
downloaded from the Python Package Index, or installed by issuing a command
similar to:

    pip install -U tangelo

Please be aware that this version of Tangelo contains a source code
reorganization and API breaking changes, and as such is *not* backwards
compatible with Tangelo version 0.7.  If you have currently deployed
Tangelo apps in production, we suggest you not upgrade immediately.  As
time permits, however, it will pay off to upgrade to take advantage of
Tangelo's new features, including:

   - an easier, Grunt-based build process
   - a simpler testing strategy
   - a slimmer, more solid core
   - a powerful and flexible plugin system

The plugin system now hosts the example applications and functionality that
was present in the core of Tangelo in previous versions.  For full details
on how to use the new features, please see the documentation [0] and, as
always, please don't hesitate to contact us with questions and concerns
[1], or file issues on GitHub [2].

roni

[0] http://tangelo.readthedocs.org/en/v0.8/
[1] tangelo-users at public.kitware.com