[Rtk-users] Iterative Reconstruction inputs

Benjamin W. Maloney Benjamin.W.Maloney.TH at dartmouth.edu
Mon Jun 8 15:21:32 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Thanks for the help getting my reconstruction up and running last week

I apologize if I missed something obvious
I was hoping to use an iterative technique but I'm having trouble getting it running
Is it required to set a forward projection filter?

The relevant code is:
using FDKGPUType = rtk::CudaIterativeFDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter;
FDKGPUType::Pointer feldkamp = FDKGPUType::New();
feldkamp->SetInput(0, constantImageSource2->GetOutput()); //Reconstruction Volume
feldkamp->SetInput(1, reader->GetOutput()); //Projection Images
feldkamp->SetGeometry(geometry);

I get an error here:
Exception thrown: read access violation.
this->m_ForwardProjectionFilter.m_Pointer was nullptr.
On line 121 of rtkIterativeFDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter.hxx

This looks like it doesn't set a forward projection filter by default. I'm struggling a bit to get the format for setting this correct

Thanks for the help!
Ben