[Rtk-users] Convex Hull

Andreas Andersen andreasga22 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:17:20 EST 2020

Hi Stephanie,
It depends on what you intend to compute more exactly:

If it's to remove values outside the scanners field of view, then the
filter "rtk::FieldOfViewImageFilter" does exactly this. ( It uses the
lpsolve library to do this:
https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/include/rtkFieldOfViewImageFilter.hxx#L41
 )

If it has anything to do with structures/delineations from DICOM, then
wouldn't they already be the convex set?

ITK uses three formats for structures: labelmaps, mesh and polyline. But
VTK has much better classes for this IMO, and may have what you need.
I don't think RTK has any direct use of any of the structure classes(?)

Best Regards
Andreas

Andreas Gravgaard Andersen

Danish Center for Particle Therapy,