[Rtk-users] ThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry Angular Arc

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Dec 9 16:07:37 EST 2020

Hi,
You're right, it's better to cover slightly more than 360 degrees if the
scanner follows the same piece of trajectory at the beginning and at the
end (on a circle since you're using FDK). Rotation angles are currently
forced between 0 and 2 pi, see here
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/src/rtkThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry.cxx#L103>.
I think you can feed RTK with unordered projections, it will order them to
compute angular gaps between the projections. See code here
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/src/rtkThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry.cxx#L430-L484>.
My advice is to quickly write a simulation code with a sample geometry to
check that you obtain the expected results.
Keep us posted if something does not work as expected,
Simon