[Rtk-users] Gantry rotation direction and artefacts

Vincent Libertiaux vl at xris.eu
Thu Aug 27 06:57:50 EDT 2020

Dear RTK users,

I am trying to reconstruct a volume using the opposite rotation
direction; I basically defined my rotation angle to be -360 degrees and
my initial angle to be 359.6 (I have 900 projections).

The results present artefacts, mostly important blurs compared to the
"original" reconstruction.  To be sure I was not misinterpreting the way
rtk deals with the geometry, I performed the same reconstruction with
the "direct" rotation direction (from 0 to 359.6) but reordering my
projections instead, which yields in the same blurry results.

I feel I am missing some basic understanding of what is happening, any
help you can provide would be much appreciated !

Best regards,

Vincent