[Rtk-users] Reconstruction artefact with SART

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 23 16:30:14 EDT 2019

Hi Vincent,
There is a problem indeed! It's hard to guess what's the problem from the
images you sent. I would check the projections to see what could be wrong.
The first thing I would check for example is whether air is really at 0 (as
it should be). You can also look at the difference between the forward
projections of this first iterate and the measured projections. It's known
that SART should be stopped at a few iterations but 1 should not give such
a result. You can always check if the conjugate gradient provides a better
result, you can add some regularization in it.
Good luck solving this!
Simon