[Rtk-users] Release of RTK 2.0.0

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Feb 6 05:21:21 EST 2019

Dear RTK users,

RTK v2.0.0 <https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/archive/v2.0.0.zip> has just
been released, about one year after RTK v1.4.0. The change of major version
indicates that there has been a major refactoring of the code to let RTK
compile as an ITK external or remote module.

Release notes:
* Refactoring of the repository to follow the structure of ITK's modules.
* Removal of SimpleRTK wrapping.
* Development of ITK's python wrapping.
* Spectral CT developments: implementation of Mechlem's one-step inversion,
adaptation of the conjugate gradient algorithm to vector projections.
* Implementation of (ordered subsets) expectation maximization.
* Development of attenuated forward and backprojectors.

Many thanks to all contributors, in alphabetical order for this release:
Andreas Gravgaard Andersen, Antoine Robert, Chao Wu, Cyril Mory, Dženan
Zukić,
Hans Johnson, Lucas Gandel, Matt McCormick, Sébastien Brousmiche, Simon Rit
and
Thomas Baudier.

As usual, be aware that we don't focus on releases since we have a public
github repository <http://github.com/SimonRit/RTK> that we try to keep
stable. I still recommend the use of the master HEAD over releases to enjoy
the new RTK developments before their release. We still have a few on-going
projects for which we will use and enhance RTK.

Simon (for the RTK consortium)