[Rtk-users] Cannot reconstruct the volume, what might be the problem?

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Aug 21 07:25:53 EDT 2018

Hi,
It's not clear to me how you came up with your source_y value. Assuming
that the origin of your projections is 0,0,0, I would advise to set the
geometry with --proj_iso_x=202.3 --proj_iso_y=202.3 (or, equivalently, set
a new origin to the projection equal to -202.3,-202.3,0).
The --arc value is also a bit surprising but you can check if the assigned
GantryAngle is the correct one for each projection.
Finally, in rtkfdk, setting origin (this time for the volume) to a y-value
equal 0 means that you only look at the part above the source trajectory. I
would leave the default values (centered volume around the center of
rotation).
Best regards,
Simon

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 12:01 AM Andreas Andersen <andreasga22 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>     StimulateImageIO
>>     BioRadImageIO
>>     MetaImageIO
>>     MRCImageIO
>>     GE4ImageIO
>>     GE5ImageIO
>>     HndImageIO
>>     XimImageIO
>>     HisImageIO
>>     ImagXImageIO
>>     DCMImagXImageIO
>>     EdfImageIO
>>     XRadImageIO
>>     OraImageIO
>>     GDCMImageIO
>>   You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
>>     set the suffix to an unsupported type.
>>

>> 3) Regarding the "--origin argument" and refering to my context (see
>> attached files please), what would you suggest, what should I pass as the
>> origin values? The detecetor origin is at 0,0 but for the Volume I am not
>> quit sure if I should provide some values and which (actually isocenter
>> should be at 0,0,0 and if I provide these values I still get no result ).
>> Probably this would solve my problem.
>>
>> Again, many thanks for your time and thank you for your help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Milan
>>

>> Am 20.08.2018 um 14:26 schrieb Andreas Andersen:
>>
>> Hi Milan
>>
>> I didn't open the dropbox link, but I think in general one should take an
>> extra look at the rtkfdk arguments if nothing "meaningful" comes out:
>>  Is your spacing in the correct unit (mm)? it seems quite small in
>> relation to the dimensions.
>>  Also try adding the --origin argument.
>>
>> Additional 1:
>> Slicer is a good tool for exactly that.
>> ( I have also made a similar tool with some reconstruction options,
>> mainly for scatter correction: cbctrecon
>> <https://gitlab.com/agravgaard/cbctrecon/wikis/Installation> )
>> Additional 2:
>> try giving " -o fdk.raw" instead of  "-o fdk.mha", the default output
>> value type is 32-bit floating point.
>>
>> Best regards
>>  Andreas
>>
>> __________________________________
>>
>> Andreas Gravgaard Andersen
>>
>> Department of Oncology,
>>
>> Aarhus University Hospital
>>
>> Nørrebrogade 44,
>>
>> 8000, Aarhus C
>>
>> Mail:     agravgaard at protonmail.com
>>
>> Cell:      +45 3165 8140
>>

>> On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 at 23:44, Milan Manasijevic <
>> milan-manasijevic at t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi RTK-users,
>>>
>>> I am trying to reconstruct a sample scanned using the CBCT. Rtk seems to
>>> be the best chioce for that, but unfortenately I have no success.
>>> Hopefully, some of you guys can help.
>>>
>>> The outcome of the scanning are 2500 projections (each 2024x2024 pixels).
>>> The increasement of the rotation angle is 0.144 degree
>>> To reduce the reconstruction time I use just 79 projection images and
>>> angle increasement is 4.608 degree.
>>>
>>> The data regarding the scanning process are (test.pca, test.pcj and
>>> here:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/on7c049aqx5ep1r/AAA7THDCkIHPF_9DBRl7MwROa?dl=0
>>>
>>>  From these three files I have the following values required for the
>>> reconstruction: