[Rtk-users] Reconstructing from fan-beam projections

Jacob Frøsig jafs at force.dk
Tue May 16 09:16:32 EDT 2017

Hi,

The attached sinogram consist of line integral values, i.e., sinogram(i,j) = -ln[ I(i,j)/I_0(i) ] where I and ­I_0 are the measured intensities with and without an object, respectively.
Since we are measuring with a line detector, the “zero” (I_0) is in this case just an array.
j is the index for the projections, i.e., j ∈  {1,2,…,360} since we take one projection for each whole angle.
I hope this explains the sinogram and again; thank you for your time!
Best regards,
Jacob