[Rtk-users] forward and back projection - MITK

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed May 4 03:02:05 EDT 2016

Dear Tobias,
The forward projection has 2 inputs:
- input 0: the stack of projections in which you wish to forward project,
- input 1: the volume you wish to forward project.
For the backprojection, it's exactly the same:
- input 0: the volume in which you wish to backproject,
- input 1: the stack of projections you wish to backproject.
Be aware that JosephBackProjectionImageFilter is the transpose of the
forward projection and will have some aliasing (see, e.g., De Man and Basu
<http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/49/11/024/meta;jsessionid=87B598ABFDC2AA07D1DED2DEE607F0E7.c2.iopscience.cld.iop.org>
to see what I mean).
I have personally never used MITK but don't hesitate to share your
experience on the mailing list.
Simon