[Rtk-users] rtkfourdfdk simulate motion artifacts?

Solomon Tang solomoncztang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:35:15 EST 2016

Hi RTK users,

I am trying to simulate motion artifacts in a phantom model. I have created
a group of numberical phantoms, each one slightly shifted but with the same
FOV, volume and origin. I am using the corresponding stack of projection
files and an amsterdamshroud signal as an input to rtkfourdfdk

However, I am getting an error that says :"Cannot account for too large
detector displacements, a part of space must be covered by all projections.
My phantoms are 2800,2800,20 with a spacing of 0.04 mm.

My questions are how can I resolve this error, and is rtkfourdfdk even the
function I want to use in the first place? Should I instead be trying to
"compensate motion" on a static image? The end goal is to simulation motion
artifacts that could be present in cardiac CTs.

Thanks,

Solomon