[Rtk-users] New version of Eletka XVI software (5.0.2) no longer uses .DBF files

Yang K Park theday79 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 09:56:58 EDT 2015

Hi Rune,

Our hospital has successfully installed XVI 5.0.2 last December and it is working fine now.

The most interesting feature is, the XVI can stream the kV images to any 3rd party client with ~5 Hz frame via Gigabit network (if the project streaming feature is purchased.) This feature also can be used while MV beam is on.

Regarding the geometry file, what the difference from the previous one is, from now on there is an individual xml file containing all the geometry information as well as other useful information such as beam-on flag (kV, MV) and acquisition time stamp. This file is saved in each projection directory, not a root folder. Therefore, we no longer need to backup FRAME.DBF and IMAGE.DBF files. However, SAD and SID information is not included in this xml file so we are using fixed values for them (SAD = 1000 mm, SID = 1536 mm), which I believe is identical to every XVI system.

Regarding the RTK compatibility, we’ve implemented a reader for the new xml file by using a Qt library in our in-house CBCT software based on RTK. So, it is working fine for us. However, since Qt is not a part of the official RTK I was planning to implement it using itk but not yet done. (It has been on my to-do-list for a long time, but I should confess my laziness :()

I’m going to resume working on soon and will keep you posted if any achievement is made.

(If it is urgent, I can also send you our compiled in-house software just in case.)

Or feel free to contribute to the development if you are interested in. I’m attaching a sample of the new xml file.

Congratulations on your new XVI system!

Yang

p.s. Hello RTK developers,

I have been a mere user of RTK and never have committed any code to the repository. May I have the commitment authority or can I send my files to someone who might be in charge of update? Thanks.