[Rtk-users] need help with geometry

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Mar 23 04:18:01 EDT 2015

Hi,
The z spacing of projection stack is not used, it can be set to anything.
What you do to set the spacing of the reconstructed volume is correct
except you probably want to set the z spacing to a similar value.
In the file you sent, the origin is not set. You must origin for the
coordinate of the first pixel of your projection, such that point 0,0 in
your projection corresponds to the coordinate of the projection of the
center-of-rotation. For example, I have set it with your dataset such that
the projection is centered and gives promising results. Please find
attached the corrected mhd and I executed the following commands to obtain
a decent result (I think, I'm not used to (real) bugs!):

rtksimulatedgeometry --sdd 214.119 --sid 91.770 -o geo.xml -n 148 --arc
198.45
rtkfdk -p . -r proj_sub_simon.mhd -o fdk.mha --dimension 256,256,256 -g
geo.xml --spacing 0.00901029,0.00902951,0.00901029

then I tried with larger spacing to cover the whole dataset (on my laptop I
don't want to increase the number of pixels)

rtkfdk -p . -r proj_sub_simon.mhd -o fdk.mha --dimension 256,256,256 -g
geo.xml --spacing 0.02

Simon