[Rtk-users] coordinates of 3D volume

Yang Kyun Park theday79 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:47:17 EDT 2014

Hi Chao,

I had the same issue on my work and I’ve managed to fix it by the following codes.

I’m not sure this is the optimal way to do it but at least it worked in my case.

(Or you can transform it in 3D Slicer.

In transform menu, you need to apply the following matrix:

0 0 -1 0

1 0 0 0

0 1 0 0

0 0 0 1

to the target image, harden the transform then export the image.)

Best,

YangKyun

// OutputImageType = <float, 3>

// streamerBP->GetOutput(): resultant 3D image from rtkfdk reconstruction

//Same image type from original image -3D & float

       OutputImageType::IndexType start_trans;

       start_trans[0] = 0;

       start_trans[1] = 0;

       start_trans[2] = 0;

       OutputImageType::SizeType size_trans;

       size_trans[0] = sizeOutput[0]; // X //410

       size_trans[1] = sizeOutput[2]; //Y  // 410

       size_trans[2] = sizeOutput[1]; //Z // 120?

       OutputImageType::SpacingType spacing_trans;

       spacing_trans[0] = spacing[0];

       spacing_trans[1] = spacing[2];

       spacing_trans[2] = spacing[1];

       OutputImageType::PointType Origin_trans;

       Origin_trans[0] = -0.5* size_trans[0]*spacing_trans[0];

       Origin_trans[1] = -0.5* size_trans[1]*spacing_trans[1];

       Origin_trans[2] = -0.5* size_trans[2]*spacing_trans[2];

       OutputImageType::RegionType region_trans;

       region_trans.SetSize(size_trans);

       region_trans.SetIndex(start_trans);

       /* 2) Prepare Target image */

       OutputImageType::Pointer targetImg = streamerBP->GetOutput();

       /* 3) Configure transform */

       typedef itk::Euler3DTransform< double > TransformType;

       TransformType::Pointer transform = TransformType::New();

       TransformType::ParametersType param;

       param.SetSize(6);

       //MAXIMUM PARAM NUMBER: 6!!!

       param.put(0, 0.0); //rot X // 0.5 = PI/2

       param.put(1,  itk::Math::pi/2.0);//rot Y

       param.put(2,  itk::Math::pi/-2.0);//rot Z

       param.put(3, 0.0); // Trans X mm

       param.put(4, 0.0); // Trans Y mm

       param.put(5, 0.0); // Trans Z mm

       TransformType::ParametersType fixedParam(3); //rotation center

       fixedParam.put(0,0);

       fixedParam.put(1,0);

       fixedParam.put(2,0);

       transform->SetParameters(param);

       transform->SetFixedParameters(fixedParam); //Center of the Transform

       cout << "Transform matrix:" << "  " << endl;

       cout << transform->GetMatrix() << std::endl;

       typedef itk::ResampleImageFilter<OutputImageType, OutputImageType> ResampleFilterType;

       ResampleFilterType::Pointer resampler = ResampleFilterType::New();

       //OutputImageType::RegionType fixedImg_Region = fixedImg->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize();

       resampler->SetInput(targetImg);

       resampler->SetSize(size_trans);

       resampler->SetOutputOrigin( Origin_trans); //Lt Top Inf of Large Canvas

       resampler->SetOutputSpacing( spacing_trans ); // 1 1 1

       resampler->SetOutputDirection( targetImg->GetDirection() ); //image normal?

       resampler->SetTransform(transform);

       //LR flip

       cout << "LR flip filter is being applied" << endl;

       typedef itk::FlipImageFilter< OutputImageType >  FilterType;

       FilterType::Pointer flipFilter = FilterType::New();

       typedef FilterType::FlipAxesArrayType FlipAxesArrayType;

       FlipAxesArrayType arrFlipAxes;

       arrFlipAxes[0] = 1;

       arrFlipAxes[1] = 0;

       arrFlipAxes[2] = 0;

       flipFilter->SetFlipAxes(arrFlipAxes);

       flipFilter->SetInput(resampler->GetOutput());

flipFilter->Update();

//Use flipFilter->GetOutput() for further process