[Rtk-users] Fwd: some bugs in SART when running Reconstruction of Elekta Data

Guangming Zang guangming.zang at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Nov 20 14:28:46 EST 2014

 Hi Cyril,

It is so nice of you, thanks for your very helpful help and reply.  And
thanks for introduction  about the visualization tool ( VV ) . Yes,
actually, i want to use SART to reconstruct a whole volume. Considering
that it may be kind of time-consuming, so i just try to reconstruct one
slice first.

And I want to use sart reconstruction algorithm from a series of
 projections data scanned from Nikon  XT H 225 (.tif format,360 projections
and 360 arcs) . But when using sart, I am not sure about the geometry in
our RTK setting.

File attached(two files) are  the geometry information of object scanned
and 360 projections, I used the command below, but I can not get the
correct answer, I think it is because my geometry’ setting is not correct,
I used 2 commands:

Command 1

rtksimulatedgeometry.exe --output=My_geo2.xml --nproj=360 --arc=360
--sdd=983 --sid=618  --proj_iso_x=0 --proj_iso_y=-195

command 2

rtksart -g My_geo2.xml   -f  CudaRayCast  -b   CudaVoxelBased   -t 1  -p
C:\Users\zangg\Desktop\Our_data\Toy -r .*.tif -o toy_cuda2.mha  -n 3
--spacing=0.08     --dimension 150 150 100

In command 1, I am not sure about the proj_iso_x and proj_iso_y setting,
does it mean that the coordination of scanned object’s center map to the
projection? i used (0,-195) because in the geometry file (xml attached) the
object coordination is(0,192,633.82)    And the spacing setting as the
VoxelSize of x ,y,z. which is 0.07988 in xml.

In command 2 , I am not sure about the dimension  and origin setting. I
setting dimension as dimension(x,y,z)= (VoxelSizeX*VoxelsX,
VoxelSizeY*VoxelsY, VoxelSizeZ*VoxelsZ)< (150,150,100)

And in sart options , I do not know how to set origin in my case. So I just
use defult value, but I think in my case, I should change the value.

in the xml file, i think maybe this may related to the origin setting

   <VolumeOfInterest>

    <XStart>21</XStart>

    <XEnd>1757</XEnd>

    <YStart>108</YStart>

    <YEnd>1851</YEnd>

    <ZStart>293</ZStart>

    <ZEnd>1135</ZEnd>

  </VolumeOfInterest>

So can you help me to figure it out??

And , another question is, if I want to resize the projections(e.g, from
2000*2000 to 500*500. How should I change my geometry setting in this
case)???

Again, thanks and very grateful for your any help and suggestion.

I am not sure if you can see the attached file, so if you want, the 360
projections and geometry data are available at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0W7oABtgSzXOWJyOWJDUVl6Ukk/view?usp=sharing

 The geometry only

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0W7oABtgSzXUjdVOS1uYldySDQ&usp=sharing

Thanks for you all, Cyril ,Simon and Chao

Best regards

Guangming

--

this email.