[Rtk-users] Stream divisions in rtkfdk

Chao Wu wuchao04 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 06:18:57 EDT 2014

Hoi,

I may need some hint about how the stream division works in rtkfdk.
I noticed that the StreamingImageFilter from ITK is used but I cannot
figure out quickly how the division has been performed.
I did some test with reconstructing 400 1500x1200 projections into a
640xNx640 volume (the pixel and voxel size are comparable).
The reconstructions were executed by rtkfdk with CUDA.
When I leave the origin of the volume at the center by default, I can
reconstruct up to N=200 slices with --divisions=1 due to the limitation of
the graphic memory. Then when I increase the number of divisions to 2, I
can only reconstruct up to 215 slices; and with divisions to 3 only up to
219 slices. Does anyone have an idea why it scales like this?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Chao