[Rtk-users] ADMMTVReconstruction

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Dec 18 05:13:15 EST 2014

Hi Howard,

I've taken a look at your data.
You can apply tv denoising on the out.mha volume and obtain a
significantly lower level of noise without blurring structures by using
the following command :
rtktotalvariationdenoising -i out.mha -g 0.001 -o
tvdenoised/gamma0.001.mha -n 100

I was unable to obtain good results with iterative reconstruction from
the projection data you sent, though. I think the main reason for this
is that your projections have much-higher-than-zero attenuation in air.
Your calculation of i0 when converting from intensity to attenuation is
probably not good enough. Try to correct for this effect first. Then you
can start performing SART and Conjugate Gradient reconstructions on your
data, and once you get these right, play with ADMM.

You might need to remove the table from the projections to be able to
restrict the reconstruction volume strictly to the patient, and speed up
the computations. We can provide help for that too.

Best regards,
Cyril