[Rtk-users] RTK and CUDA

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue May 28 14:05:33 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM, MORY, CYRIL <Cyril.Mory at philips.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a few questions regarding CUDA in RTK :
>
> -          In rtkCudaForwardProjectImageFilter.cu, which I’m using as a
> starting point, suppose I want to set to zero all elements of the 3D array
> allocated by cudaMalloc3DArray(). Do you know of a Cuda function that would
> do it ? I’ve been unable to make it using CudaMemset3D(), which seems to
> work only when memory has been allocated with CudaMalloc3D(), not with
> CudaMalloc3DArray().
cudaMemset should do the job I believe. Have you given it a try?

> -          I get a “CUDA ERROR : Unknown error” in the execution of the line
> “cudaBindTexture (0, tex_matrix, dev_matrix, 12*sizeof(float) );” in my
> program. I really do not have a clue why. I’d like to use the cuda debugger
> to understand what I’m doing wrong. Is it possible via CMake ? How should I
> modify the CMake files to do so ?
I have no idea, debugging has always been a pain in cuda. I tend to
rely on good old printf outside kernel. In the kernel, you must use
cuprintf. My feeling is that debugging should be straightforward
outside the kernel but have you tried to simply compile rtk in debug
mode+cuda?