[Rtk-users] how can I get a good 3d image?

emaddox at planet.nl emaddox at planet.nl
Mon Aug 26 05:47:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I tried to reconstruct with RTK an example CT data set of a water phantom but so far no success.
I carefully checked all hints on the website and looked to the examples
which I could  run on my system.

My data is acquired in a cone beam CT system.

My projections are tif images, 103 images each rotated by 1.98 degree steps.
The images are 640 by 512 pixels.

Distances: source to detector is 255 mm, source to centre object is 200 mm

commands I used:

rtksimulatedgeometry.exe -n 103 -a 201.96 --sdd=255 --sid=200 -o geometry.xml

rtkfdk.exe -g geometry.xml -p water -r .*.tif -o water.mha --spacing=0.169

(I tried --dimension with single slice and all slices (640))

my projections:

http://ubuntuone.com/4HZutj9lxgOZHydqBi0IM8 (30 Mb)

can someone tell me if I can (and how to) get a good reconstruction with RTK of this water phantom?

Kind regards,
Erik Maddox.