[Rtk-users] SART vs FDK

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Apr 10 08:54:03 EDT 2013

Hi,
This is a difficult question and I don't know the answer. I think what you
observe is the famous edge artifact of SART reconstructions. My feeling is
that that one can not trust values outside the FOV in any algorithm. I
would mask the FOV if I were you, whatever the algorithm. On real data, I
know it costs a bit of time but only a test with each initialization will
give you an answer.
BTW, do you know any publication on ROI reconstruction+TV ?
Simon

PS : I'm investigating the maling list issue, I'll let you know when I get
an answer.