[Rtk-users] RTK calculating attenuation from Varian projection

Andy Shieh hsieandy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 06:35:22 EST 2012

Hi Simon,

Just to let you know that the code works well!! Thanks!

By the way, I've been contacting with A/Prof Geoff Hugo (I believe you know
him?), and he mentioned that he's been putting quite some effort on making
RTK compatible with Varian format (HNC mainly). He mentioned that for the
Varian format, we usually read in the "Norm Chamber value" (It's usually
around 300) from each HNC header, and calculate the CT number by
log(NormChamberValue/Intensity) * ScaleFactor, where the ScaleFactor is
around 10000. I'm not too sure about the details, but I believe he will
discuss it with you soon when he has time!

Cheers,
Andy