[Paraview] Changes in Sources/Filters applied in all RenderView's

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Sep 5 08:41:57 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 5:40 AM Mathieu Westphal
<mathieu.westphal at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What you are asking for is the default behavior of ParaView.

To elaborate, any changes under the "Properties" section of the
Properties panel will be reflected in all open RenderViews. Changes
under the "Display" and "View" sections, however, apply only to
objects in the active RenderView (the one with the blue box drawn
around it). I believe this is what Leonardo would like to have updated
all at once.

There is no setting to link all "Display" and "View" properties
because not all display types (also called representations) have the
same properties, nor do all view types have the same properties. You
could do this programmatically with Python with a bit of somewhat
involved code. Easier may be to click the "Copy display properties"
button to the right of the "Display" header in the Properties Panel,
switch to another display in the other view, and click the "Paste
copied display properties".

HTH,
Cory

p.s. ParaView discussion has moved to https://discourse.paraview.org.
Please post future questions on that forum.

> You may want to give a more precise description of what your are trying to achieve.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mathieu Westphal
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 12:31 AM, Léo Pessanha <leonardopessanha74 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there a way to apply in all the RenderView's  the modifications made in the data sources/filters of the pipeline browser?
>>
>> I've tried linking them but with no sucess.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Leonardo Pessanha
>> Laboratory of Computational Methods in Engineering
>> Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - COPPE
>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil

>> Powered by www.kitware.com
>>
>> ParaView discussion is moving! Please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/ for future posts.

> ParaView discussion is moving! Please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/ for future posts.