[Paraview] seeking pvpython debugging hints

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed May 30 11:55:11 EDT 2018

That, I think, should be an easy fix. Please free free to report a quick
issue on the issue tracker. Such things are easier to fix when there are
issues listed as otherwise it's easy to forget.

Thanks
Utkarsh
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:51 AM Sgouros, Thomas <thomas_sgouros at brown.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Utkarsh:

> It did help, though I wonder why it couldn't tell me what array was the
problem. The error messages from deep in the bowels of pvpython are pretty
mysterious.

thomas_sgouros at brown.edu>
>> wrote:

>> > Hello all:

>> > Does anyone have helpful hints to offer about how to debug errors like
>> these? Some array of mine is out of range, but I don't know what array
it's
>> talking about, and don't really see how to find out. To my knowledge the
>> change in my code that triggered this has nothing to do with any array.

>> > My guess is the "Failed to determine the LookupTable" is the result of
>> the error after it, since it is sort of a common denominator among
errors I
>> see. Does that sound right?

>> > Is there a way to enable more debug information or more verbose error
>> messages?

>> > Thank you,

>> >   -Tom

>> > Warning: In

/Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/8275bd07/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Rendering/vtkSMPVRepresentationProxy.cxx,