[Paraview] Paraview display issue on Windows

Zhu Junxi markzhumi1805 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:37:57 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I am referred to this mailing list by a developer at the 3D Slicer forum. I
installed the Paraview v5.5 (and nightly build of 3D Slicer) and both
suffered from the same display issue, i.e., the interface of the software
looks semi-transparent, please see attached picture (in case the picture
does not show correctly, here is the dropbox link to it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bveei3gjg01svb/bbb.png?dl=0). The developer at
the 3D Slicer forum said it might be a video card driver issue and that I
might get more help here. My computer is a desktop, with only one video
card (GTX1080) and the driver version is 397.64 from the Geforce Experience
software. The operating system is Windows 10 64 bit with latest April
Update installed (I haven't tested Paraview before that...)

It also happens on 3D slicer nightly build (05/02) (in case it does not
show correctly, here is the dropbox link to the picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqj5yh0hcj5ma7v/aaa.png?dl=0):

BTW, when I first got Paraview v5.5 installed, it threw an OpenGL driver
error upon launching. Then I updated the video card driver to the latest
one and now the error is gone but the interface still seems
semi-transparent.....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Junxi