[Paraview] PROBLEM WITH CUSTOM FILTER

Miguel Aguirre aguirre.utn at gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:47:34 EDT 2018

Hello Mathieu,

I realized it crashes when I add a porperty with a "°" symbol. In fact I
have a XML plugin version of the same Python programmable filter. This XML
file contains a Python variable name with a ° simbol (degrees). When I add
this property it crashes (It is available on the attached file). So the
problem was not with the code itself but with the XML file.

On the other hand, when it did not crashed, I could not find the custom
filter simply because the brand new custom filter was on the Sources list
and not on the alphabetical list of filters (sorry for that !!!)

Sometimes the creation procedure was supposed to be ok (no crashes, no
error messages), and i continue to work until a new error apeared (not
related with this issue). When i open Paraview again,  the filter was not
there . With the "Reset Session" you told me, it works fine. So, It seems
to be a good practice to quit the session without errors in order to avoid
to lost the Custom Filter. created earlier

Finally, the autoload of the Custom Filters works fine, but I realized that
the list of cpd files gets empty after a crash happens during the creation
of the custom filter. If the custom filter procedure succeeds, it works as
intended. However if it crashes, all or some of the existing Filters just
desapear.

Thanks again for your support !

PS : i respond also to the Paraview mail list (somebody may have the same
issues)

Best regards,

Miguel Angel AGUIRRE