[Paraview] Alpha Channel for TIFF output

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 30 11:52:19 EDT 2018

> That's fine, but how do I have it include an alpha channel when saving png?
> Or is this an option that shows up when selecting png as an output format?

In the options dialog, check the **Transparent Background** option.

Also, here's an MR to add TIFF support to the save screenshot/save
animation dialogs. It'll miss 5.5 release, but will make it into 5.6
slated for later this year. I confirmed that checking the
**transparent background** options does indeed save rgba tiff images
too after this change.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/2390

Utkarsh