[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] png image file size - screenshot vs animation

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 28 13:15:07 EDT 2018

Hi Alex,
I just tried this with master (in essence, 5.5.0-rc4 (out Real Soon Now) ).  My sizes are exactly the same.  I did the following:

  *   Linux, master, remote server.
  *   Opened can.exo.  (It's in Examples.)  All variables on, apply.
  *   Rotated can so it looks nice.
  *   File/ Save Screenshot with your resolution.  Saved as .png.  Rest are default settings.  File size is 197k.
  *   File/ Save Animation with your resolution.  Saved as .png.  Rest are default settings.  File size is 197k.

Mind trying using the 5.5.0-rc3, from the paraview.org website?  Also, if you are still seeing weirdnesses, try the new, shiny "Reset to Default Settings" option (and keep a copy of your state files for Kitware, if this is an issue).

If you still see issues, mind giving us a list, as above, how to recreate?

Thanks,

Alan