[Paraview] How to know that the filter was applied?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Mar 26 10:14:04 EDT 2018

There's no such thing as "already applied", since even an already
applied filter may be re-executed if a filter downstream makes a
different request. Whenever a filter is executed, however,
`pqPipelineSource::dataUpdated` signal is fired. You can look at the
implementation of this signal to see that it's connected to
`vtkCommand::DataUpdateEvent` event fired by the vtkSMSourceProxy.

Hopefully that helps.

Utkarsh