[Paraview] scipy and Windows ParaView 5.5.0

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Mar 22 13:51:16 EDT 2018

Hi Manoch,

ParaView doesn't package scipy on Windows because compiling it (so we know
it works with our Python) is extremely difficult.

What you may be able to do is this:
-Install Python 2.7.X on your system
-Use pip install scipy to install the python wheels from PYPI
-One of the following:
---put the location that scipy is installed in your PYTHONPATH before you
run ParaView
---Prepend the location that scipy was installed to your sys.path right
after starting ParaView
---Copy the scipy folder from the location it was installed into
$PARAVIEW_INSTALL\bin\Lib\site-packages

Keep in mind that this may not work.  We use a slightly older version of
Python 2.7 and I don't know if it maintained ABI compatibility.
You may also run into conflicts with numpy since ParaView's numpy was not
compiled with the fortran support that scipy needs.

HTH,
Shawn