[Paraview] XML plugin based on programmable filter with a slider

Alessandro De Maio demaio.a at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:37:04 EDT 2018

Hello,
I'm trying to write a plugin based on a programmable filter in order to
extract a single block from a multiblockdataset (with a single level tree)
in input chosing it through a slider in the property panel.
I need help to automatically set the range of the slider (the higher limit
as the lower is always 0) as the number of blocks of the multiblockdataset
in input, but the XML ServerManager definition of the slider is not clear
enough for me.

I'm trying to follow Utkarsh suggestion in

https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2009-March/011599.html

but I'm missing how to recovery the number of blocks of the input of the
programmable filter and how to set it as the upper value of the slider
range.

Thank you in advance for your kind help

Alessandro