[Paraview] importing paraview.simple without overriding numpy

Schau, Kyle A kschau at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 16 19:54:43 EDT 2018

Miguel

It is certainly possible to do this with a bit of work up front. I have done it with PV version 5.+

The steps are something like this.

1.) Install a python with UCS4 enabled
2.) place soft links to the paraview python module in your new python’s site-packages directly
3.) place a soft link to the paraview/vtk module in the site packages directory

It’s been a while since I have done this, but it is nice to just have all the power of paraview.simple in your everyday python