[Paraview] Idea: move from mailing lists to discourse

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 11:24:29 EDT 2018

+1

Discourse includes a mailing list mode that, with some caveats, behaves
like the current mailing list if you prefer that mode. The integrated
search feature is nice to have - I usually resort to searching the ParaView
mailing list in markmail's archive, which usually works, but an additional
step that wouldn't be needed with an integrated search. Having different
categories for beginners, developers, announcements, etc. would be great.
You can watch or unwatch different categories, tag posts with keywords, and
bookmark certain posts you'd like to revisit. It just seems great all
around.

Cory

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit <
utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I know ITK community have moved on to discourse
> (https://discourse.itk.org/) and from what I've heard, the experience
> has been great. Is it time for ParaView mailing lists to move to
> Discourse as well?
>
> What are people's feelings about it?
>
> Utkarsh

> opensource/opensource.html