[Paraview] PV 4.1.0- mesh shows on the contour plots

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sun Mar 11 12:24:24 EDT 2018

Stephen,

I think you will have to be more specific with your question. It might help if you at least post some pictures that give examples of what artifacts you are seeing. Example data files would be even more useful.

I can say that the contouring algorithm does not change with the coarseness of the mesh. I can also say that PV data files can store data in in their native precision (e.g. double floating points). I think it unlikely that either of these are the cause of the artifacts you are seeing.

If I had to guess (and this is only a guess) the most likely culprit is the data itself. Perhaps the fields in your fine mesh are not as smooth as those in your coarse mesh. It can be the case that coarsened meshes have “blurred” fields.

-Ken

Sent from my iPad