[Paraview] Remote Connections Failing

Allen Harvey aharvey at ara.com
Wed Jun 27 10:03:31 EDT 2018

I use ParaView all the time in client-server mode without problems.  However, one group of systems I'm using doesn't work presumably because of the way they are locked down.  When I first tried to connect to a remote server in Windows 10, I received the Windows Firewall prompt to allow connections via different network types.  I allowed everything like normal, but then I get an error message about a process could not be started.  If I try to connect again, as soon as I hit the connect button after choosing a server, I immediately get that same error message (it is instant).  That tells me something cannot start.  What is ParaView trying to do or start (maybe it has something to do with plink.exe from putty I'm using too)?  I cannot find any logs to tell me what's being stopped so I can investigate further.