[Paraview] paraviewweb, linked views, mouse handler

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Wed Jun 20 15:12:09 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> - The mouse handler seems to listen only to one view...
>
> I though the example in https://github.com/Kitware/paraviewweb-examples
> was taking care of that. Or maybe I don't understand what you mean here.

I'm not really sure if it is or it isn't. It may be an illusion created by
the other problem, but I don't know how to tell for sure which view is
listening.

> - The behavior I observe is that one of the views moves...
>
> That could be possible but are you using the latest ParaView/master?
> Normally any registered view should receive a stream of images. With the
> fix I've done last time for the multi-view.

The example you wrote behaves this way for me, too, even when I link the
views (see patch attached). One moves with the cursor and the other only
moves when you lift up the mouse button. Change the sphere to something you
can see move better and you'll see. I'm using the ParaViewWeb 3.2.2 that
you made. Or are you talking about Paraview itself? That's at 5.5.0rc3.
Were there relevant changes since then?

> - When I make one of the views invisible...
>
> Do you still have a css / size issue when you make it available again? You
> need to inspect the DOM to see where that component is present (area of
> active).
> Then does interacting on that area is not enough to get the images, or
> interacting does not work because the "active" area has a size 0x0?

I did fix the css / size issue that was pestering me last week. Your
explanation has the air of plausibility, but I don't completely understand
how this would work. Can you suggest how I would find the size of the
active area?

Thanks,

 -Tom

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 6:38 AM Sgouros, Thomas <thomas_sgouros at brown.edu>